Beverly B. Bishop, M.D.
Dr. Bishop attended the University of Alabama at Birmingham where she received her undergraduate degree in Biology, graduating with honors, Summa Cum Laude. She then went on to obtain her medical degree from the University of Alabama School of Medicine in 1993 and again graduated with honors, Cum Laude. Upon completion of her medical degree she returned to the University of Alabama at Birmingham where she finished a three year residency in ophthalmology in 1997, serving as chief resident from 1994 to 1997 at the Eye Foundation Hospital. Dr. Bishop is a board certified diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Bishop moved to Texas in 1997 when she joined EyeCare Associates of Texas. Dr. Bishop provides a full range of comprehensive eye care to her patients including the diagnosis and treatment of cataracts, diabetes and macular degeneration. Her scope of practice also includes the nonsurgical management of glaucoma, including laser surgery and medication therapy.
Dr. Bishop enjoys spending her free time with her husband and three wonderful daughters who keep her very busy with numerous activities.
- American Board of Ophthalmology – 1998
- Texas Medical License – 1997
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
July 1994 – June 1997
- Residency in Ophthalmology, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Chief Resident, Eye Foundation Hospital, Birmingham, AL
June 1993 – June 1994
- Residency, Transitional Year, Baptist Medical Center, Birmingham, AL
- Medical Degree, Doctor of Medicine, Cum Laude, University of Alabama School of Medicine
- Undergraduate Degree, B.S. with Honors in Biology, Summa Cum Laude, University of Alabama at Birmingham