1. Can I use my medical insurance at your clinic, and will it pay my expenses for your services?
We accept many medical insurance plans. Most of the services we provide for our patients are covered under these plans. Please contact your insurance company to see if we are listed as a provider for your particular plan.
2. Which Vision Plans do you accept?
Please call us at 972-637-1300 to see what Vision Plans we accept. If you have a different Vision plan, then you may need to use your medical plan for your exam.
3. Do you have any payment plans or arrangements for surgeries and other services?
We do offer several payment options for any service we provide. You can pay using check, cash, credit/debit cards, money orders, and care credit.
4. Do you accept Flex spending accounts?
Yes, we accept all Flex spending accounts and HSA plans. We can also print a copy of your billings annually.
5. Are you contracted with my insurance, and how do I know if you are in or out of network?
Most insurances companies will provide you with a list of in network providers. If not, we recommend that you contact your plan to see if they have our physician listed. If you are still not sure, call our office with your identification information from your card.
6. How do I find out what my Benefits cover towards a visit to your clinic?
We are considered a specialist if you are using your medical plan. The co-payment amount should be printed on your card. If not, your plan usually has a deductible to meet. For Vision Plans, we recommend that you view your benefits on their online web page. You can always contact your insurance company if you are still unsure.
7. What kinds of Insurances do you accept?
We accept Medicare and most Medicare replacement plans. We accept Traditional Medicaid only. We also accept School Vouchers for Vision Exams. We accept most insurance plans. Call us today to set up your appointment!
8. Does your office offer any discounts that I may qualify for?
We do offer discounts on all examinations, diagnostic testing and procedures to all cash pay patients. This is available only if paid at the time of service. We will file your insurance for you directly, so there is no upfront cost, other than your required co-pay, refraction fee and/or co-insurance.
We do offer several payment options for any service we provide. You can pay using check, cash, credit/debit cards, money orders, and Care Credit.