Dr. Motamarry grew up in Mesquite where he attended Poteet High School. After high school he served in the US Navy as a hospital corpsman. Dr. Motamarry attended the University of Mary Washington where he received his undergraduate degree in Biology. He then went on to obtain his medical degree from Drexel University in Philadelphia. He completed his residency in ophthalmology at the University of Florida in 2012 leading directly into his Oculoplastics Fellowship in San Antonio from 2012 to 2013. Dr. Motamarry is a board certified diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology.
After finishing his service and education he worked as an ophthalmologist in El Paso for almost 2 years. In April of 2015 he returned home to join the Eyecare Associates of Texas group.
Dr. Motamarry specializes in Orbital and Facial Cosmetic Surgery. He repairs and reconstructs facial trauma, skin cancers, ptosis, orbital tumors along with upper and lower lid blepharoplasty, as well as tear drainage system and eyelid reconstructions. He also provides nonsurgical treatment of glaucoma, including laser therapy and medical management. Additionally he provides comprehensive eye care including the diagnosis and treatment of ocular injuries, infections, diabetic eye exams, cataract surgery and routine eye exams.
- American Board of Ophthalmology – 2014
- Texas Medical License – 2011
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas Academy of Ophthalmology
- Oculoplastics Fellowship, San Antonio, TX
- Residency in Ophthalmology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Internship, New York Medical College, Westchester, NY
- Medical Degree, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Undergraduate Degree B.S. in Biology, University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg, VA
Other Services Provided by Dr. Motamarry include:
- Glaucoma treatment
- Cataract surgery
- Oculofacial surgery
- Droopy eyelid surgery
- Cosmetic lower eyelid surgery
- Eye socket reconstruction
- Tear drainage reconstruction
- Endoscopic surgery